"controls" statement not checked for correctness by "named-checkconf" in BIND 9.3.4-P1.1

Alan Zoysa alanzoysa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:24:38 UTC 2008

Hello.

I just wanted to bring it to your notice that:
The named-checkconf that came with my bind9 package does not check for
the correctness of the following statement in my named.conf

include "/etc/bind/keys/rndc.key";
controls {
        inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys { rndc_key; };
};

where "/etc/bind/keys/rndc.key";

key "rndc-key" {
        algorithm hmac-md5;
        secret "AHsEhqnijULBSnJ3BHg9eQ==";
};

SEE THE "_" and "-" in controls and key statements, respectively.

However, "named-checkconf" coming via bind9utils (version 9.5.0) finds
the error.

The BIND 9.3.4-P1.1 is installed via Debian stable tree.

--

best regards,
Alan.