will named delete .jnl files ?

Merton Campbell Crockett m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 8 04:24:13 UTC 2008

This morning I was looking into a user complaint about old PTR
records.  A dual-boot system that has since been retired left,
roughly, 100 straggling PTR records.  I grepped the master zone files
and generated an nsupdate file to remove the straggling PTR records.

After running nsupdate, I executed the following command to update the
master zone file(s) and remove the journal file(s).

	rndc freeze zone

I then used the following command to make the zone available.

	rndc thaw zone

The name server being used was running BIND 9.3.5-P2.

Merton Campbell Crockett

m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com