will named delete .jnl files ?

Jack Tavares j.tavares at F5.com
Tue Oct 7 08:52:50 UTC 2008

I know how named uses the journal files and how data from those
will eventually get written to the zone files.

My question is:

will named ever delete the .jnl files?
For instance:

updates come in, get stored in .jnl file.
<some time later> those changes are preserved in the zone file.
does named then delete the .jnl file?

My empirical evidence leads me to believe that the answer is "no"
but I certainly haven't tested every possibility.

Thanks

--
Jack Tavares
AIM: jackatavares