BIND Based Appliances.

Dawn Connelly dawn.connelly at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:26:23 UTC 2008

Oh, I forgot to mention the main reason we went with Bluecat rather than
Infoblox- Command Line Access baby! With Infoblox you only had access to
their watered down CLI. With Bluecat you had full access via SSH. That came
in handy more times that I care to recount. If I'm going to be responsible
for managing a box, I want to have access to all the tools that box has, not
just the ones the vendors deems stupid proof. When troubleshooting an issue,
I could SSH to the box and look at the files that I needed, change the
logging to whatever I wanted, run tcpdumps, everything. With Infoblox that
was not an option. Had there been a NIC setting problem with the Infoblox
device, there wouldn't have been jack I could do about it. With Bluecat I
could actually fix the problem without having to wait for a solution to be
developed, tested, packaged and shipped out.
Okay, I'll stop now. :)

--
Google for President
YouTube for VP