[SPAM] ISC bind9 compile error

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Wed Oct 1 03:55:53 UTC 2008

devmail at sina.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> Another problem:
> I can use nsupdate command to change DNS record successfully. But when I use it to open a script file, all reply message is NOERROR, but nslookup didn't return the right IPs.
> Commands input by user interactively and in the script file are identical:
> Server 127.0.0.1
> zone mydomain.com
> update add test1.mydomain.com 100 IN A 192.168.0.1
> update del 192.168.0.2
> send

Do you really have a name 192.168.0.2.mydomain.com? Because that's what
you're trying to delete.

Also, "del" is not a valid synonym for "delete" in any version of
nsupdate I'm running, although I suppose the command syntax might have
been liberalized in a later version.
> Is there some difference between script file mode and interactive mode?

Shouldn't be.

I'd recommend turning on debug mode for nsupdate to see what it's really
doing. On Unix, that's done via the "-d" command line switch. I don't
know for sure what the Wintel equivalent would be, but you might try
"/d", or check the documentation.

- Kevin