logging query results

ivan jr sy ivan_jr at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 18:56:51 UTC 2008

looks like an OK config for me.
- you should be able to view the name being queried and from what source IP
- debug10 = view the actual query (similar to dig)
so you can grep the NXDOMAIN or the ANSWER

are you able to view the log file? did it log the start-up processes of BIND? you should be able to see tons and tons of log messages even just on startup of named.

note that logging queries will significantly impact the query response rate of the server. its a no no for production. on the other hand, your tcpdump script sounds elegant...