ISC BIND

Alberto Colosi/SI/RM/GSI/it alberto.colosi at sistinf.it
Wed Nov 26 23:41:38 UTC 2008

For sure as IBM or Microsoft or an org so big could have!.
My named.conf is really full of ACL and confs.

my logging channels are:     (but I should find something inside one of
them or /var/log/messages                 ;) mainly from 9.0 till 9.5.1b3
is working! what is different inside 9.6 ????????

logging{
        channel sec{
                file "/var/named/log/sec.log" versions 2 size 2m;
                print-time yes;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
        };
        channel in_out{
                file "/var/named/log/xfer.log" versions 2 size 2m;
                print-time yes;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
        };
        channel named_log{
                file "/var/named/log/general.log" versions 2 size 2m;
                print-time yes;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
        };
        channel upd_log{
                file "/var/named/log/update.log" versions 2 size 2m;
                print-time yes;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
        };
        channel log_lame{
                file "/var/named/log/lame.log" versions 2 size 2m;
                print-time yes;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
        };
        channel dnssec_log {
                file "/var/named/log/dnssec.log" versions 2 size 2m;
                print-time yes;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
                severity debug 3;
        };
        channel edns {
                file "/var/named/log/edns.log" versions 2 size 2m;
                print-time yes;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
                severity debug 3;
        };
        channel "querylog" {
                file "/var/named/log/queries.log" versions 2 size 2m;
                print-time yes;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
        };

-------------------------------
Alberto Colosi
IBM Global Business Services
Sistemi Informativi S.P.A.
IT NetWork & Security Department
 *-* *-* *-*
SECURITY IS EVERYONE'S BUSINESS

Member of
IBM Information Security WW CoP

David Ford <david at blue-labs.org>
27/11/2008 00.31

Alberto Colosi/SI/RM/GSI/it <alberto.colosi at sistinf.it>
cc
bind-users at lists.isc.org
Subject
Re: ISC BIND

Look at your log files, commonly in /var/log/

Did you define other logfiles in your named.conf that you had working
with 9.51b3?

-david