Zone not showing us as authority

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Mon Nov 17 13:20:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 10:33 -0800, Steve Koon wrote:
> We have moved a zone from UltraDNS to our DNS server 1 week ago and it
> is still not showing us as authority. Can anyone help me as to why
> this might be happening and how to fix it? I have included a dig below
> using a public dns server (4.2.2.1) and our dns server (69.25.129.117)
> where is shows no authority as well as the zone file contents on our
> dns server 69.25.129.117.

	I'm not sure what you think is broken.

	Each of the queries you send using 'dig' asks for the list of
	authoritative name servers for 'discoversunriver.com'.  In each
	case, the server involved returns the list in the answer section
	of the response.  This list includes the server you seem to be
	concerned about.  In addition, the server at 69.25.129.117 has
	the 'AA' flag set, indicating that is is aware of its own
	authority.

	Were you expecting something else?

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly