ISC launches new website and mailing list manager

Stefan Schmidt stefan.schmidt at freenet.ag
Sat Nov 15 14:03:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 05:09:42PM -0800, Scott Haneda wrote:
> Docs are important, maybe the most, as it removes a lot of burden from
> the mail list, and website, from people who can answer their own
> questions, and in turn, learn as they go, which tends to work better
> than someone telling them the answer and having less retention on the
> solution.

In addition i would like to point out that the whole site - including
BIND 9.4 html ARM - looks better, but feels sluggish.
I always used the ARM via the isc.org website because it was directly
linked at the software/bind page and thus easier to locate than my
workstations latest untared BIND version.

Simply put i don't think you need drupal for the documentation and
redirect it to HTTPS.

$ curl -I  http://www.isc.org/software/bind/documentation/arm94
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Location: https://www.isc.org/software/bind/documentation/arm94

wget -O /dev/null https://www.isc.org/software/bind/documentation/arm94
] 658,893      185K/s   in 3.9s

	Stefan 'tar&feather supplies running low' Schmidt
--
/* Only Sun can take such nice parts and fuck up the programming interface
 * like this.  Good job guys...