BIND 9.4.3rc1 is now available.

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Tue Nov 11 02:23:11 UTC 2008

At Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:14:22 -0700,
The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

> > - Which operating system (and version) are you using?
> > - Have you seen this in 9.4.2-P2 or 9.4.3b[1-3], too?
> > - Does that change if you specify a small number for the
> >   reserved-sockets option in named.conf, e.g, like this?
> >   options {
> > 	reserved-sockets 128;
> >   };
>
> Found it .
>
> At reserved-sockets 509 we are good.  It chokes at 510.

It seems we had the same conversation for 9.3.5-P2 in August.  Mark
replied at that time:

> What's wierd here is that fcntl(F_DUPFD) succeeded but
> fcntl(F_SETFL) then failed on the value returned from
> fcntl(F_DUPFD).

As you admitted, the OS (BSD/OS 4.3.1) is way too old and not yet
supported any more (by the vendor), so I don't think it makes sense to
chase this problem for that platform further.  If you find a different
problem with the above workaround, you'll probably want to change the
OS...

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.