Load old revision of zone

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sat Nov 8 21:38:39 UTC 2008

In message <fa2e1350811071712v73baa633p7dacae3db5225466 at mail.gmail.com>, "Jonat
han Petersson" writes:
> I recall someone mentioning the bind has the functionality of loading old
> revisions of a zone-file when using dynamic updates. Is this correct? If yes
> how is this done?
> Thanks
>
> /Jonathan

	named loads the master file and the changes that have occured
	since then from a journal of changes.  The zone is marked
	as dirty when change is made and a timer is started to tell
	named to write out a new master file incorporating all the
	changes made when the timer goes off.  This is done to
	reduce the number of times the master file needs to be
	written when there are lots of changes to the zone.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org