Server ignore ns change

Kal Feher kal.feher at melbourneit.com.au
Wed May 14 17:19:59 UTC 2008

I am assuming that both the old and new servers are caching name servers not
authoritive (as this might indicate a delegation issue).

Starting from the most basic:
Which ip addresses are hitting your old servers?
Check those hosts for their current config (perhaps you missed a few in your
cut over?).
Is it only DHCP hosts that are hitting your old servers or even statically
configured hosts?

Check that your new servers arent forwarding requests to the old servers.
I've seen this in the past when a testing config wasn't removed from servers
put into production.

If the above doesn't point you in the right direction then you'll need to
provide more information regarding the exact configuration of your network
and dns servers.

--
Kal Feher