Overriding MX records to internal gateways

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Thu May 8 05:22:04 UTC 2008

<barmar at alum.mit.edu>
> > wrote:

[...]
> Or having a internal root zone & wild MX record pointing to relay
> servers would be better bet ?

Although this is not "on-topic" for the bind-users list, it is possible
to set up sendmail.cf to handle "special" cases like having google mail
go to specific servers.

You are better advised to leave the DNS portion alone and just use
sendmail to do the sending as you've described.

Regards,
Gregory hicks

> Thanks,
> Phaniraj

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 9B1
San Jose, CA 95134

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision."