Bind + DKIM (ran out of space)

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Mon May 5 18:51:50 UTC 2008

The original message was garbled, but I can guess the question from
the subject line.

The original poster was trying to create DKIM-related TXT records, but
did not format the record data in the form of multiple strings of up
to 255 characters each.

A TXT record takes one or more string literals in the data. Each
string is limited to 255 characters. So for values larger than that,
it is necessary to break them into smaller strings. DKIM processing
should tolerate this, and BIND certainly does. (I've been unable to
find an upper limit to the total data size or number of strings. I
gave up after exceeding 8 KB, using 33 strings of 255 characters each.
I have not checked the source code, of course.)

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice

On May 2, 2008, at 10:44 AM, Laurent Archambault wrote:

ée£ó2)ìÿ¢þ)ÁŠwb²«{û^²ßÿjwr¢çžÇž›&âÙh§íz¿ôÛóËý
> ´ÓÍ<ÿÿãÏ÷ïH
êÚ—÷«®Šÿv{ÿ Ö k÷ë¢k^Æßé®/Ú Èbÿ:'{ýûÿúÚž‹ ¡û)iÇÿýÚ&j)ä{/