network tools

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Mar 19 23:03:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Baird, Josh wrote:

> Those tests look like they were ripped directly from dnsstuff.com...
>
> But, at least it looks nicer.

It does look a little similar, I dont have access to their script so
I cant say what its like in the engine bay, but it could do a few more
tests, infact I'm sure it used to do a couple more, like the accept to
postmaster checks, but from memory whenever I tested it it used to
fail because of according to my sendmail logs "posibly forged hostname",
which is no big deal as when I used to use dnsreport.com theirs use to
fail on that as well until just before they went $$$ only.

--
Cheers
Res