network tools

Kal Feher kal.feher at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Mar 17 05:04:58 UTC 2008

I must concur with Stephane. The dtools DNS check tool is horrible.
Requiring recursive lookups to pass the checks should be the first
indication that this tool is not quite right. Zone transfers, while
considered by some as a non issue, are generally not allowed to non
authorised servers either.

The zonecheck code is available under GPL for anyone who wishes to make use
of it and I'd recommend you use that tool instead. We use it internally with
great success.

Marko, I also note that the registrant of dtools is an "M. O.". Are you
M.O.? If you wrote the page its ok to tell people about it, but at least
declare your interest please.

--
Kal Feher