Is NSEC case sensitive while being signed?

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Mar 12 11:29:31 UTC 2008

> Thank you for the answer, but I have a follow up question.  I don't
> quite understand the reason for making NSEC and RRSIG case
> sensitive.    Do you mind elaborating a little bit?
>
> Yue

	Because RFC 403x accidently broke existing rules about which
	types to downcase for DNSSEC comparison.  All types allocated
	after a certain point in time are treated as opaque blobs
	for DNSSEC.  NSEC and RRSIG were allocated after that point
	in time.  The quoted text just restored the status quo.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org