Bind 9.2.4 and logging

Jeff Reasoner jeff.reasoner at mail.hccanet.org
Tue Mar 4 14:49:30 UTC 2008

I don't know that the other categories are material to what you're
trying to achieve. The logs will contain the source IP and query
regardless of whether it was for in-zone (authoritative) data or
answered out of cache.

I did the same thing last summer with 9.4.1-P1 and the following in
named.conf:

        channel bind-queries {
                file "/var/log/queries.log" versions 10 size 6m;
                severity info;
                };

I also did some backend scripting to pull out the unique source IPs so I
knew who I had to contact about changes.

--
Jeff Reasoner
HCCA