max-cache-size

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Thu Jun 26 18:52:35 UTC 2008

At Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:10:04 -0700 (PDT),
Tim Maestas <tim at dnsconsultants.com> wrote:

> Slightly OT, but....
>
> What is the behavior of bind when you specify max-cache-size on an already
> running server then issue an rndc reconfig (supposing the current cache is
> larger than the newly configured max-cache-size) ?

(I guess you also assumed the current cache is smaller than the old
max-cache-size).

I've not tested the behavior, but in my understanding of the code,
nothing will happen by just changing the max-cache-size.  Cache
cleaning will be triggered first time a new entry is added since then.
It should be the same for both 9.4 and 9.5 (while how the cache is
cleaned is totally different).

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.