Serving results based on lookup origin

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Wed Jun 25 23:19:12 UTC 2008

You have several choices. Here are three:

- Configure and maintain a massive sortlist in named.conf on each
server. It would have to describe the global IP space in entirety.
- Become an Akamai customer and let them (effectively) maintain your
sortlist.
- Use different versions of your zone in different regions, and use
anycast to direct users of a region to that region's DNS servers.
Theoretically not 100% perfect, but in reality it should be extremely
close to being perfect.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice