Mandriva 2008.1 and BIND 9.5.0

stephane lepain penguindeb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 10:01:51 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install BIND from source on my Mandriva 2008.1 VM box.
My Host is a Mac 10.5.3 leopard but i guess that shouldn't have any
relation to it.

This is the steps I did.

- I downloaded the sources code bind-9.5.0.tar.gz.
- Then I extracted the file "tar -xzvf"
- After the extraction, the file  'bind-9.5.0' installed on my Desktop
- Then I CD into it and ran './configure'
- I got the error message ' AR program not found. Please fix your path
to include the directory in which AR resides or set AR in the
environment with the full path to AR'

Anyone could give me hand on how to sort this out?

Cheers to all of you