no more recursive clients: out of memory give me help

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Wed Jun 11 23:24:26 UTC 2008

At Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:29:54 +0800,
高冲 <gaochong at chinahcn.com> wrote:

>          I have a os running FREEBSD4.7 with named 8.3.3.
>
>          last day ,I meet a problem that the bind is running but can¡¯n
> resolve .and I find error log in /var/log/messegs:
>
>          Jun  9 07:00:01 ns41 named[18641]: client 218.109.201.41#530: no
> more recursive clients: out of memory

Are you really sure that you're running BIND 8.3.3 (if so, you should
upgrade it right now)?  The log message looks like one produced by a
BIND9 named.

Assuming it's BIND9...
as to why: it's out of memory as the log message indicates
as to how to fix it: unless it's an old version of BIND9 that has
memory leak, specify a reasonable max-cache-size value.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.