Compression / Pointers on returned queries

Brian Feeny bfeeny at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 02:48:39 UTC 2008

Because a response of >512 bytes causes pain because of firewalls/etc that
may drop the packets by default.
So the goal would be a <512 byte response, which is what happens when the
compression is used.

I re-did the query without recursion, but it's a similar result, I think it
shaved 30 bytes or so, but I am still
Over 512 bytes.

> --
> Mark Andrews, ISC