upgrade from 9.3.0 to 9.5.0

Jeremy C. Reed Jeremy_Reed at isc.org
Tue Jun 3 12:36:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Sergio Bortsov wrote:
> Ok,thanks.I find it.
> Another question:can I use new bind with old configs.I tried type
> "/usr/local/sbin/named -c named.conf" and its working.Is it correct
> way?

In most cases, it should just work. But be sure to read the ARM about
changes to allow-query. The following is from the doc/misc/migration:

BIND 9.4 onwards implements "allow-query-cache".  The "allow-query"
option is no longer used to specify access to the cache.  The
"allow-query" option continues to specify which hosts are allowed
to ask ordinary DNS questions.  The new "allow-query-cache" option
is used to specify which hosts are allowed to get answers from the
cache. Since BIND 9.4.1, if "allow-query-cache" is not set then
"allow-recursion" is used if it is set, otherwise "allow-query" is
used if it is set, otherwise the default localnets and localhost
is used.

Also fixed rrset-order option is disabled by default. See the README and
ARM about that.