Some domains don't resolve.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Jun 3 11:47:45 UTC 2008

On 02.06.08 19:05, Kevin Darcy wrote:
> These could be set up as *selectively* forwarded, if desired.

> > It can also have local RFC 1918 and RFC 3333 (and possibly other)
> > reverse zones that may speed up resolution of those, since there still
> > are many of DNS servers that do not have them configured.

> Possible solutions: set them up locally, or implement selective forwarding.

In both cases there's big difference between properly configured and tuned
caches vs. unconfigured or badly configured caches.

That's what I've tried to point out - if you only have small DNS cache and
don't want to play with it, using ISP's forwarders may help you, especially
when the ISP admins do care about that.

Linux IS user friendly, it's just selective who its friends are...