Post-build test fail on BIND 9, old system

Jaroslaw Rafa raj at ap.krakow.pl
Thu Jul 31 19:36:10 UTC 2008

Bruce Esquibel napisal(a):
> Yeah but I think you got it working, I screwed this up myself (not looking
> at the documentation), did you add this into the named.conf file?
>
> allow-recursion { 127.0.0.1; 69.219.215.144/29; 209.100.224.0/21; };

I even added: allow-recursion { any; }; allow-query { any; }; allow-query-cache { any; };
and it still didn't work. When the query is not allowed named writes it to
the log, so it's easy to identify (without these "allow" statements I got
lot of "query denied" lines in the log). With the "allow" statements
present, there is nothing in the log and it sinply doesn't work. I think
it's a code problem.
Anyway, I don't want to fight with this anymore. I already configured a
forwarder, so the problem is solved for now, until the machine is replaced.
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa
   raj at ap.krakow.pl
--