How to configure forwarder on BIND 4

Ben Croswell ben.croswell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 18:56:49 UTC 2008

There is no reason you can't make the BIND 4 box serve your authoritative
domains, and forward anything it does not load/cache to a another DNS
server.
Had to grab the DNS an BIND 1st edition for this one but you should be able
to do it with:
forwarders 1.1.1.1 1.1.1.2 etc
slave

Slave is what BIND 4 used as forward only.

--
-Ben Croswell