selecttest tool

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Jul 31 15:36:13 UTC 2008

On RHEL5 with kernel 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5 the results are OK with the -r but not without (it failed at 1022 sockets without).

It makes me wonder though - does BIND (named) automatically do what the -r flag of selecttest is doing?   Does it matter whether named is running as root or a different user?  That is to say does the above test being successful with -r flag mean that I can be confident named is opening a wide range of ports?