Post-build test fail on BIND 9, old system

Jaroslaw Rafa raj at ap.krakow.pl
Wed Jul 30 19:27:35 UTC 2008

Bruce Esquibel napisal(a):

> Reason I'm saying that, not sure why but there is a couple spots in the test
> suite for BIND 9.5.0-P1 that has "grep -q" hardcoded which causes several
> failures under Solaris. As far as I can tell, -q (for quiet) is only
> supported on the gnu grep (ggrep).
>
> Besides causing some tests to get bypassed, I think it does eventually fail
> altogether because of something missing from the grep output (maybe wrong
> about that).

I have noticed that at first (grep complains about unknown "-q" option in
the test output) and fixed that. "/usr/xpg4/bin/grep" should be used instead
of simply "grep", that version does accept the "-q" parameter.
The failing tests I have mentioned have nothing to do with this issue.

However, I am in the process of investigating them in detail, and the first
test (cacheclean) is probably failing because the "dig" program included
with BIND is for some reason unable to fetch data from the nameserver (a
message "/dysk4/soft/bind-9.5.0-P1/bin/dig/dig: isc_socket_bind: socket
already bound" appears and the file expected to contain output from dig is
empty). Don't know about the others yet...
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa
   raj at ap.krakow.pl
--