Increase max-cache-size

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Tue Jul 29 21:59:53 UTC 2008

At Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:48:28 -0700 (PDT),
Prabhat Rana <prana9533 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So I have few questions regarding cache. Is there anyway we can
> check whether or not cache is full? what happens once the cache of

You can monitor it via the statistics-channel feature (see the ARM).

> 2048M is filled. It doesn't cache anymore and it forwards the
> lookups to the internet for a query that is not in cache for every
> query?

No, reaching the max-cache-size (with an implementation specific
margin) simply triggers LRU-based cache cleaning.  named still keeps
caching new data, while purging stale data more aggressively.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.