Multiple PTR records for one IP?

Dawn Connelly dawn.connelly at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:35:47 UTC 2008

It works, but the question you have to ask is what are you trying to achieve
with the PTR record. If something is doing reverse authentication, it will
fail half the time. If you are using PTR records just to document stuff and
it doesn't really matter, you can have as many as you want. It's definitely
a bad idea for things like email servers or workstations that connect to
machines that use tcp wrappers.