how to setup revdns for /16 subnet

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jul 28 14:32:41 UTC 2008

On 28.07.08 15:00, Tomasz Pajor wrote:
> I want to split it to one /17 and two /18, how can I do that?

it would be horrible and complicated. Just use /16's, 256 reverse zones for
0.b.a.in-addr.arpa
1.b.a.in-addr.arpa
255.b.a.in-addr.arpa

and first (or last) 128 will be for the /17, first half (64) of the rest
will be first /18, remaining will belong to second /18

I intend to live forever - so far so good.