The worst thing about the exploit -- Have you done your part?

Ben Croswell ben.croswell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 13:38:22 UTC 2008

I completely understand your point on this.
At work I keep getting asked about patching, firewalls, etc.  The scary
thing for our risk folks is no matter how locked down we make our
infrastructure we can't prevent other DNS servers from getting owned in
regards to our domains.  Which leads right to phishing and other malicious
activities.
I also see a lot of people calling for DNSSEC to fix the underlying issue,
but unless I am mistaken DNSSEC won't fix the issue unless we have close to
100% adoption rate.

--
-Ben Croswell