Security Patches for 8.x versions?

Ian Manners ian at os2site.com
Fri Jul 25 16:09:23 UTC 2008

Hi John,

>Are there security patches available for BIND 8.x? I remember that a
>while ago ISC stated that it wasn't doing any new development on BIND 8.
>Does that also apply to security patches?

Why not upgrade to 9.5.x ?
It even compiles and runs ok under ancient and obscure OS's like OS/2
so I cant see any reason anyone would have for not running v 9.5.x
these days, even for people with large numbers of records.

ok, will admit I dont use database's with Bind but even if you did,
can it really be that hard ?

When I migrated from v8 to v9 it wasnt that difficult, infact the
new features of Bind v9.x.x are wonderful and I wondered
why I didnt do it sooner. [ok, the old if it aint broke dont fix it
but the day came when somethings have to be upgraded for
security]

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.os2site.com/