Additional record about name server of the zone issue

Un Kyong Kang kunkyong at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:43:47 UTC 2008

Hello.
Now, I used the BIND-9.4.1 at the "CentOS 5.1" operating system.

Since sending domain query message in the BIND, when using the file database
for the zone database in the BIND-9.4.1, there is an additional record
about  name server of the zone in the response message. But when using the
DLZ_DB for the zone database in the BIND-9.4.1, there is not an additional
record about  name server of the zone in it.

What are the reasons that are not included?.

 So, I tried the following at the BIND source.

>At a '*query_addadditional2()*' function of the 'query.c' file, I try to
use the >'*query_getdb()*'  function instead of the *'query_getzonedb()*'
function. Then the additional >record were included at the response message.

  How do you think?.

 Exactly, how do I include an additional record about name server of the
zone at the response message,  when using the DLZ_DB as a zone database?.

Thank you.