bind 9.4.3b2 will not permit zone transfer unless comment out listen-on-v6 {none;};

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:56:57 UTC 2008

Hi,
This may not be 9.4.3b2 specific. I recently updated OS from RHEL 3 to
RHEL5. Same configuration file.
The one running on RHEL5 will not permit zone transfer from slaves.
the slave got notifications and tried to transfer, the transfer get a reset
and then transfer ended.
failed while receiving responses: reset.

I searched the goole, and found the following entry
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/failed-while-receiving-responses-refused-on-slave-with-bind-9.2.2-91002/

I tried to comment out listen-on-v6 {none;}; and it worked.

I did notice that on our AS3, there is no IPv6 address on the NIC while we
have ipv6 link local address on the AS5 NIC. Will this prevent zone
transfer? Is it by design?

Thanks.

Shiling