YA capset question - 9.4.3.b2 on Fedora

W Sanders wsanders1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 00:47:13 UTC 2008

Sorry all,  I completely misdescribed the problem in my original posting. I had no trouble building 9.4.3b2 in Fedora 9, the capset() function and sys/capability.h headers are present in Fedora 9. However, the named produced bombs off  exactly as decribed in the FAQ - named refuses to run without the compatibility module installed, except in FC9 compatibility is nowhere to be found, at least in an install with the same clusters of rpms installed as FC6 - a "custom install"  with Editors, Web Server, Development Tools, System Tools, and Admin Tools.

In contrast to Fedora 6, which was the last version of Fedora I set up for, Fedora 9 does not statically build the compatibility module into the kernel, and it is not provided as a module with the rpm clusters listed above. There is not even a .config file anymore to tell which parameters were used to build the kernel.

I just went back to Fedora Core 6 for now as a workaround.

-w
http://wsanders.net