Caching only DNS

khurram khurram at worldcall.net.pk
Fri Jul 18 08:24:53 UTC 2008

Dear Sir,
               i have installed done all configurations on Windows XP.  i made following changes to the undergiven files to run Caching only DNS but the problem is that it only works for local machine and i am getting errors of Query refused when i try to query through the machine where i installed latest bind 9 which i downloaded from www.isc.org . The changes i made in /etc/named.conf are as follows:
options {

directory "c:\bind\zone";

allow-query { localhost; };

forwarders { my-local-dns-primary's ip ; my-local-dns-slave's ip; };

forward only; query-source address * port 53;

};

logging {

channel queries_log {

file "c:\bind\log\queries.log";

print-severity yes;

print-time yes;

};

category queries { queries_log ; };

};

zone "localhost." IN {

type master;

file "localhost.zone";

allow-update { none; };

};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa." IN {

type master;

file "localhost.rev";

allow-update { none; };

};

include "c:\bind\etc\rndc.key";

could you please let me know where i m missing configurations so that i could use this for other machines DNS server??? hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Khurram Shahzad
Network Engineer
ICT Department