9.5.0-P1 crashes on Solaris 10

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Thu Jul 17 00:24:06 UTC 2008

At Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:23:33 -0400,
AnChen at pershing.com wrote:

> We recently upgraded to 9.5.0-P1 on Solaris 10.  named crashes regularly
> on some boxes, runs ok on others.
> No core file when crashing, though the coreadm settings look ok.  Tried
> increaseng debug level to -d 5, -d 9 and not getting much additional
> output.
>
> Any ideas on how to get additional crash information?

If your operational environment allows, run named on gdb, and watch
the process until it crashes.  You may also want to check directory
permissions so that named can dump a core when it crashes, especially
if you run named dropping the root privilege.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.