Upgrade challenges

Castricum, Ben (W&O SO OPS NET Netwerk beheer) ben.castricum at kpn.com
Wed Jul 16 12:44:05 UTC 2008

I should have mentioned this in my previous post, but I am using Solaris
8 with 2 US-IIIi CPUs.

> If you disable threads, does that provide
> reasonable performance without other problem?

I recompiled with --disable-threads and all seemed well (no noticeable
performance loss). However when I switched again to the threaded version
I did not get the POKED TIMER message again. I have been closely
monitoring the logfiles for several hours and all seems fine. Named uses
7 threads now.

Thanks for your support,
Ben