performance issues with 9.5.0-P1

Fr34k freaknetboy at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 21:40:04 UTC 2008

Hello,
For 9.5.x, is the max-cache-size default 32M or 64M?
The FAQ for the non-programmer says:
Cache cleaning
We have added two cache cleaning changes. One of these affects all cache users, while another affects users with caches that hit their configured memory limits. We have added a default cache size. Previously this was set to '0' which means unlimited; it is now set to 64 MB by default. This value was chosen somewhat by committee, and should be sufficient for most uses. This can be changed with the max-cache-size options statement.
The  BIND 9 ARM says:
max-cache-size
The maximum amount of memory to use for the server's cache, in bytes. When the amount of data in the cache reaches this limit, the server will cause records to expire prematurely so that the limit is not exceeded. In a server with multiple views, the limit applies separately to the cache of each view. The default is 32M.