Issues with loop

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jul 14 12:15:32 UTC 2008

On 10.07.08 19:06, Jonathan Petersson wrote:
> I recently took a couple of new DNS servers online and have stumbled
> upon an issue. These servers are hosting a couple of reverse zones and
> allows recursive lookup for our own external networks. This seams to
> cause a loop when looking up records of the hosted zones.

> Could anyone recommend another approach to allow recursive lookups for
> known networks and still only allow queries for the authoritative
> zones to the rest of the Internet?

the simplest way to achieve this is not to play with views and simply
configure zones and use allow-recursion in the named config.

>         query-source address * port 53;

TURN THIS OFF - read the latest DNS protocol security advisory and this
list's archives for last week for explanation.

A day without sunshine is like, night.

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.