Is This Another Specious DNS Vulnerability?

Merton Campbell Crockett m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com
Fri Jul 11 22:30:47 UTC 2008

For the last few days there have alarums raised over Dan Kaminsky's
DNS findings, new releases of BIND, and patches to Microsoft DNS
Service released.  Is this another "cache snooping" style DNS
vulnerability that has no significance when multiple instances of BIND
are used at one's security perimeter?

Roughly 15 years ago, I developed, what I thought was, a unique way of
using BIND for my company's customers.  I'm sure that others may have
come up with the same solution.  Is there some place where I can find
the actual details of the problem that would allow me to analyze the
threat to my company's customers?

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com