Firms Tackle Security Flaw In Web Addressing System

Alan Clegg Alan_Clegg at isc.org
Fri Jul 11 14:21:12 UTC 2008

John Hascall wrote:
>> 	http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/docs/DNSSEC_in_6_minutes.pdf
>
> Well, maybe I'm a moron then because I couldn't even read your (ISC's)
> 77 page document in 6 minutes let alone learn it well enough
> to feel confident I understood it.  And then for us to implement
> it for 1500 zones on 11 servers is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

As the author of the paper, the result is YOU being able to deploy a
DNSSEC signed zone within 6 minutes.  No, you can't learn to do it in 6
minutes, but once you understand the process (and it's not really
difficult), you can easily go from unsigned (no keys, etc) to fully
signed within 6 minutes per zone (and that's doing it by hand!)

AlanC