9.4.3b2 refuses all queries except localhost by default?

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Jul 11 04:11:51 UTC 2008

> Does 9.4.3b2 require a "wildcard" allow-queries statement now?

	No.

> I build a caching only server from 9.4.3b2 and if REFUSED all queries except
> from localhost until I put an acl all { any; } ; / allow-query { all; }; in t
> he config.
>
> I could not find any mention of this in release notes in 20 or 30 min of Goog
> ling....
>
> Thanks,
> -W Sanders
>   wsanders at wsanders dot net

2206.   [security]      "allow-query-cache" and "allow-recursion" now
                        cross inherit from each other.

                        If allow-query-cache is not set in named.conf then
                        allow-recursion is used if set, otherwise allow-query
                        is used if set, otherwise the default (localnets;
                        localhost;) is used.

                        If allow-recursion is not set in named.conf then
                        allow-query-cache is used if set, otherwise allow-query
                        is used if set, otherwise the default (localnets;
                        localhost;) is used.

                        [RT #16987]

--
Mark Andrews, ISC