Bind 9.5.0-Pl not finding existing IPv6 interface

Tom Mikelson tmikelson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 09:01:13 UTC 2008

I had a functioning DNS (BIND) service that was configured for both
IPv4 and IPv6.  I upgraded to BIND 9.5.0-P1.  When building from
source the README stated that "If your operating system has integrated
support for IPv6, it
will be used automatically.".  The OS is Fedora 9 with IPv4 and IPv6
interfaces up and running. Now when starting the DNS service I get the
dreaded "no IPv6 interfaces found".  The DNS service is binding to the
IPv4 interface.  Any
ideas how to get BIND to also find the IPv6 interface?