Solaris 9 BIND 9.4.1-P1 crash

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Wed Jul 9 22:26:45 UTC 2008

At Wed,  9 Jul 2008 14:50:26 +0100 (IST),
Lars Hecking <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>  I found a thread about this in the bind9-user archives from 2003. Does
>  anyone know/remember which particular Sun patch is required? This machine
>  has a good few patches installed, but is probably not up to date. Note:
>  the OP experienced this problem on Solaris 7.

I guess this was fixed by this change:

2254.	[bug]		timer.c:dispatch() failed to lock timer->lock
			when reading timer->idle allowing it to see
			intermediate values as timer->idle was reset by
			isc_timer_touch(). [RT #17243]

The fix is available as of 9.4.2.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya