rwlock caused fatal error

Jonathan TSE Chi Hang chtse at starhub.com
Wed Jul 9 04:16:22 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

Am back to the list... Was subscribed when I was a junior engineer back
in Y2000. :P

Anyway, BIND as a gone a long way since then and I am using the patched
version of 9.2.4 bundled in Linux Redhat. I encountered a fatal error
and below is the capture from named.log:

Jul 08 02:10:23.166 general: critical: rwlock.c:337: fatal error:
Jul 08 02:10:23.166 general: critical:
RUNTIME_CHECK(((pthread_mutex_destroy(((&rwl->lock))) == 0) ? 0 : 34) ==
0) failed
Jul 08 02:10:23.166 general: critical: exiting (due to fatal error in
library)

Couldn't find much info from the release note. Wonder if this is fixed
in the newer version?

Thanks.

regards,
Jonathan.

StarHub Ltd.    Reg. No.: 199802208C This email is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not view, disseminate, use or copy this email. Kindly notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Thank you. Please visit our website at www.starhub.com