update policy identity should match the domain name?

S Kalyanasundaram skalyanasundaram at novell.com
Tue Jul 1 10:23:54 UTC 2008

Hi, sorry If I am asking some dump question. But I cant figure out the
correct answer from googling.

update-policy {( grant | deny ) identity nametype name [ types ] }

bind arm says that the identity field must contain a fully qualified
domain name. Is this mandatory?

I see in many examples the identify always matches the zone  like,
[grant foo22.bar44.com. subdomain bar44.com. ANY;]

can I create some key like
mykey { algorithm HMAC-MD5; secret "5Q....=="; }
and mention in policy like
update-policy{ grant mykey subdomain bar44.com ANY;};
will this work?

Thanks,
 -Kalyan