Configure DNS to provide translation for best response times

Oscar Usifer oscaruser at programmer.net
Sat Jan 26 15:00:21 UTC 2008

Folks,

How can I configure my DNS servers to provide the quickest response time & lowest latency for the name to IP translation if we have several different datacenters (~6-20)? My org wants all requested data for any individual node on the USENET to receive data from the best of all possible server offerings. This is mainly for HTTP traffic, but could also be useful for ftp downloading, or other services. Our version of bind is bind-9.3.4.

Thanks,
OSC

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?